The Fern Bluff MUD has several news updates for our residents. As always, please call our MUD office with any questions or concerns, 512-238-0606 or stop by and see our beautiful renovations and book an event at your community center, 7320 Wyoming Springs Dr.
- There will be a district-wide BULK PICK UP on Saturday, October 21st. Bulk items must be at the curb no later than 8 am on Saturday but may be placed curbside Friday evening. For a list of items allowed/disallowed please CLICK HERE.
- Two new MUD Directors have been appointed to the Board of Directors to replace Dave Quillman and Patrick Savarese (both have moved from the district.) Sincere appreciation for their many years of service! Our new Directors are Kevin Barnes, a resident of the Fern Bluff neighborhood was sworn in May 2017 and Marc I. Smith, a resident of the Oak Brook neighborhood will be sworn in November 2017. Welcome Gentlemen!
- For fiscal year 2018, the MUD tax rate has been lowered by $.01 per $100/value and the new MUD tax rate is $.4345/$100 value.
- Due to the City of Round Rock water increases for wholesale customers, the district’s base rates will increase from $13.50 to $15.50 per month. The volumetric cost per 1000 gallons of water will remain the same for the first 15,000 gallons at $3.50/1000 but the 2nd tier will increase from $3.85 to $3.90/1000 for 15,001 gallons and higher. The MUD’s water and sewer rates remain very competitive to surrounding entities.
- Trash and Recycling costs will increase slightly, $18.65 to $19.40, for 2018 and to keep the costs from sky-rocketing, controls will be required in the future for items other than the provided trash and recycle carts. Each resident may place up to 7 additional items at the curb with their 95-gallon cart for regular pickup. All items must be less than 40 pounds, less than 4 ft by 4 ft and all brush must be bundled or bagged. Any items larger and/or in excess must be scheduled for special pickup at an additional fee through Round Rock Refuse, 512-255-4980. While we regret the increased cost and requirements, residents of the Fern Bluff MUD enjoy excellent solid waste rates and service.
- The wastewater averaging period will be November 15, 2017 to February 15, 2018. Your water use during this 3-month period will be averaged and will determine your sewer (wastewater) charges beginning in March 2018. Turn off irrigation systems and repair household leaks to save money next year!
- Fall is the perfect time for tree trimming! Please assess your trees and raise or remove low hanging limbs over sidewalks, curbs and streets. Our children, walkers and trash trucks will sincerely appreciate it!