NEW AUTOMATED TRASH PICK-UP COMING SOON
BEGINNING MONDAY, APRIL 22nd, 2019- EARTH DAY!
Round Rock Refuse (a.k.a. Central Texas Refuse) will begin using AUTOMATED REFUSE COLLECTION TRUCKS throughout our district. The refuse collection industry is moving away from manual collection as automated trucks are safer, faster, quieter and cleaner than the current method. To enable this new automated system, homeowners will need to make a few adjustments to the way you put out your trash. These changes include:
- Using your current trash carts, set your cart on a flat surface at the edge of the curb or at the end of your driveway apron.
- The cart must be a minimum of three (3) feet away from any objects such as mailboxes, trees, utility poles, vehicles, and your other cart on recycling days.
- For those of you who live in cul-de-sacs, please ensure you allow the prescribed separation between your neighbor’s carts and vehicles.
- Do not place your cart under low wires or low overhanging branches.
- The wheels and handle of the cart should be facing your home (away from the road).
- Extra bags/items may still be left on the curb up to the current limitations of 6 items. These will be collected by a second truck following the automated truck later in the day.
- Reminder, Trash must be out by 7AM on your collection day.
A letter and flyer have been mailed to every address in the district. If you cannot find your letter, please look under “Documents” on the web site or contact the MUD office and we will be happy to email one directly to you. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call at the MUD ONE Number, 512-238-0606.