Trash & Recycling Pickup
Central Texas Refuse is the solid waste provider for the Fern Bluff MUD and information regarding your service, maps, a calendar and a list of acceptable recyclable items may be found on their website, www.centraltexasrefuse.com. Trash pickup occurs on Monday throughout the MUD. Single-stream recycling is collected every other Monday, depending on your address within the district. For more information take a look at the Calendar. Each home is provided a brown (trash) cart and a green (recycling) cart.
Central Texas Refuse (aka Round Rock Refuse) uses automated trucks for trash and recycling.
Carts must be:
- Set on a flat surface at the edge of the curb or driveway apron
- Minimum of 3 feet away from any objects (trees, other carts, vehicles)
- Carts handles should be facing the house (away from the road)
- Wheels on the cart should be against the curb
- After October 1, 2019, carts left too close to other objects (vehicles, etc.) will not be serviced.
Residents of Fern Bluff MUD may leave up to 6 bags of yard waste at their curb each week. An additional truck will follow later in the day to remove extra bags and bundles. Bundles of yard waste that are (cut and tied) may also be left at the curb with the following restrictions:
- Each bundle (cut & tied) must be less than 35 pounds.
- Maximum length of 4 feet, limbs not to exceed 4 inch in diameter
- Maximum of 6 bundles (cut & tied)
- Bundles (cut & tied) must be stacked, 3 feet from the cart
For an additional cost: If you need to dispose of large, bulky items, have additional waste or need additional one-time special pickup service, please contact:
Central Texas Refuse (Round Rock Refuse)
Phone: (512) 255-4980
Additionally, large amounts of yard waste may be taken to the City of Round Rock’s Deepwood Recycling Center.
City of Round Rock Drop-Off Recycling Center
310 Deepwood Drive
Round Rock, TX
*There is a cost for disposal dependent on the amount and recycle costs range from $25 to $75.
County Residents may also dispose of yard and other bulk waste at:
Williamson County Landfill, 600 Landfill Road, Hutto, TX for an extra cost.
Central Texas Refuse is the solid waste provider for the Fern Bluff MUD and information regarding your service, maps and a calendar, and a list of acceptable recyclable items may be found by clicking this link: www.centraltexasrefuse.com
To establish trash service, along with your water and wastewater service, an application must be submitted to: