New Residents

Welcome to the Fern Bluff MUD! The district is a political subdivision of the State of Texas, created by order of the Texas Water Commission on June 10, 1986, under Article XVI, Section 59 of the Texas Constitution and operates pursuant to Chapters 49 and 54 of the Texas Water Code, as amended. Municipal Utility Districts are governed by a five-member Board of Directors, elected by the district resident and homeowners. A MUD has the responsibility to provide its residents with water, wastewater, solid waste and recycling, and drainage services and may provide parks and recreational facilities for the inhabitants of the district. The Fern Bluff MUD is proud of achieving the Superior Water Designation from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

The district is comprised of two, non-contiguous parcels of land, all totaling 701 acres and three separate neighborhoods: Stone Canyon, Oak Brook, and Fern Bluff. All neighborhoods are within the Round Rock Independent School District. While in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Round Rock, the Fern Bluff MUD is not within its city limits. The district has a 7500 sq foot community center and the MUD customer service and operations office is located within the same building at:

Fern Bluff MUD Office & Community Center
7320 Wyoming Springs Dr.
Round Rock, TX 78681


Where do I pay my MUD utility bill?

The MUD sends its bills at the end of the month and normally, the bill due date is the 23rd of the month (adjusted for weekends and holidays.) There are numerous, convenient ways to pay your monthly bill. Please see WAYS TO PAY MY BILL on this website.

How do I keep up with MUD News?

Please go to the home page and near the bottom, please sign up for email updates and view the LATEST NEWS COLUMN. Emergency notifications concerning water or wastewater issues are sent district-wide via email

Who handles the law enforcement in the MUD?

Williams County Sheriff’s Department
512-943-1300 office, non-emergency 512-864-8282
Emergency dial 9-1-1

Where is the closest Fire Department?

Sam Bass Fire Department
1001 Great Oaks Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681

Non-emergency 512-255-0100

Who do I call to set up my electricity?

Stone Canyon and Fern Bluff Neighborhoods:
Visit for a list of retail providers

Oak Brook Neighborhood:
Pedernales Electric Co-op, you can contact them on their website or at 1-888-554-4732

Who do I call to set up gas service?

Atmos Energy Corporation, you can contact them on their website or
New Service 1-888-286-6700
Emergency 1-866-322-8667 or call 9-1-1

Where are the MUD Parks Located?

The Fern Bluff MUD has 6 large and different parks throughout the district. Each park has its own unique characteristics and many offer visitors playgrounds for children and toddlers, exercise stations, benches, picnic tables and restrooms. Three district parks, Brightwater Park, Olson Meadows Park, and Fern Bluff Park, have large, covered pavilions perfect for outdoor events. Pavilions have restrooms, water fountains and electricity and may be reserved by contacting the MUD staff at the MUD office, 512-238-0606

Click here for a map of the District that shows Parks, Subdivisions and Sections